Building quality, scalable, secure and flexible software? It takes time!
And no matter what silver bullet you have been promised, you need to have the right team, with the right tools and resources in order to have it delivered on time and budget. However, there are certain elements you can consider to accelerate your delivery process, and one of them is to have the right foundation in place.
Your next software consists of some user facing functions (the screens, menus, and buttons), and some underlying elements which support those screens you see and work with every day. Consider it like a Building (it might not be a perfect example, but it is close).
In order for you to have that building, you need to put the right foundation and infrastructure before you can start building houses, or units. You would the foundation for plumbing, electricity, transport, communication, and so forth, before you get to build the units, kitchens, and bedrooms.
For someone to build that building fast and cheap, they can certainly skip having a good architect, quality materials, and trained construction workers. But you can imagine what happens when one tries to build a tall skyscraper on such grounds !?
Now Back to Software
Leaving the construction analogy aside, if you are building software, there are software foundations services you need to have in place which are common across the board, such as:
- Payment and Subscription Management an online platform to sell goods/services,
- User Management and Verification
- Making sure who has access to what resources,
- Testing different experiences for different customer segments (aka experimentation)
- The way you deliver your software and the updates to your customers daily
- Hosting of your software applications on Internet
- The platforms your teams use to build your software
You pretty much need all the above if you are building a web or mobile application to make money off of it. The quality of those elements along with the overall architecture of your system, and how much time and money you spend on them upfront, could have a big impact on the eventual success or failure of your product. Then on top of this foundation, you start building the screens and user interfaces and the business flow.
If let’s say the version 1 of your new software product (the one your users can use) takes 6 months, at the end of the day, you might end up spending around 3-4 months building those common foundations such as user management, payment, hosting, deployment, etc. For a team of two contracting engineers (850 AUD/day) working full time for 12 weeks, your cost could be around:
Which you save, as that’s what we have done!
We have created this foundation for you based on the latest engineering standards and practices, so on day 1, instead of creating all these common functions such as payment, you focus on your what matters the most, you core business logic.
As a user, using the software built using this platform, I’d be able to,
- Create a profile, verify and activate my details such as email, and phone (Sign Up)
- Login and verification of my identity (Authentication)
- Access my allowed resources, operations, data and screens (Authorisation)
As the business owner owning the software built using this platform, I’d be able to:
- Create product packages with different prices that the customer can subscribe to
- Capture customer, billing and payment information securely
- Charge my customers a once-off or recurring fees
- Allow my customers to switch or cancel their subscription
- Receive notifications and alerts on key events such as payment success and failures
- Cancel customer subscription for customers with payment in arrears
On the technical side, as a business owner, I’d be able to:
- Expand and scale my software flexibly as my use base grow without limitation
- Fully automate my technology operations such as deployment of new software versions
- Have my team work on my business functions from day 1, instead of building things which take time and resources unnecessarily
- Role out new software releases to my customers seamlessly every day
1.How is this platform different from other no-code, less code platforms?
Using those platforms you are trapped within the functionality they provide to build your software. Soon in future you won’t be able to scale or extend your business as those tools have a limit on what they can do. So if you want to be able to support your growing user base in a scalable, maintainable and flexible fashion while providing a high performance user experience, you most probably want to build your own solution. That’s where we come in.
3. Does it come with source code?
Absolutely. The platform includes all the source code.
4. Do you provide warranty and support?
Yes, as a matter of fact, we can work alongside your team and continue building your other foundational features for you, so you keep focusing on what matters most.